Station Donation

CHMR - FM Donation

CHMR

CHMR - FM Donation

The roots of CHMR-FM extend as far back as 1951, when its predecessor, the MUN Radio club, came to be thanks to a small group who enjoyed playing music for the listening pleasure of those who would gather in adjacent common areas. Located directly between a men's and a women's lounge on Memorial University's Parade Street campus, the society enjoyed much in the way of early success and notoriety within the walls of the fledgling scholastic institute. Ten years later, in 1961, the organization took a step forward in moving to Memorial University's present Prince Phillip Drive campus. It was here that the MUN Radio would come to occupy three small rooms at the back of the gymnasium, these being the spotlight booth, which doubled as an office and gathering place, a projection booth which housed the bulk of the group's broadcasting equipment, and a ventilation shaft which was utilized as an engineering and technical work area. Volunteers would then share music with the listening audience found in the former cafeteria room of the Physical Education Building by means of a closed-circuit speaker system.

 

Find out more here! 

 

WE WILL FOLLOW UP WITH YOU REGARDING SETTING UP A RECURRING DONATION
Please Email luke@ncra.ca for more information
Make Donation!